Great sermon from this past Sunday on forgiving those that have hurt us. Coming from a man that was sexually abused as a child, I have come to understand quite a bit about forgiving those that hurt me. Nevertheless, this can be applied to various aspects of life to anyone who has been hurt by someone else. If you have been hurt by someone (a loved one, a friend, a co-worker) I urge you to watch this sermon.
1. Forgiveness is the key to healing my hurts.
2. Forgiveness does not mean their actions were “OK” or that I forget what she did.
3. Forgiveness is a process, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
4. Hating the person that hurt me keeps my hurt alive!
– Hate is a parasite that hurts us, not the person we hate.
5. Forgiving the person allows my life to move forward!
6. Not forgiving others keeps us locked away in a prison, where we hold the key.
7. Forgiveness is for me, not for the person who hurt me.
Click on this link to view more messages in the Transformed Series: