Originally posted at: theresstillhope.org
The word on the street is that you’ve messed up. You have crossed some lines you never thought you’d cross. You have stumbled, fallen, relapsed, and stumbled again.
Welcome to the Second Chance Club. Let me introduce you to some charter members:
- Abraham: He pretended his wife was his sister because he didn’t have enough faith that God would protect him.
- Moses: He murdered a dude.
- Jonah: He ran from God as far as he could go.
- Rahab: She made her living as a prostitute.
- David: He committed adultery and had the woman’s husband put to death.
What do these five people share in common? They are all in God’s “hall of fame” (Hebrews 11).
It’s time to confess your guilt, grief, and grudges. Surrender them to God. And quit thinking so highly of yourself that you think your sin can outdo God’s grace.
Recovery Step: “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland” (Isaiah 43:18-19).