News & Events
Katy Vineyard Church Retreat
– Details –
Date: April 23-25, 2014
Time: 2:00pm on Thursday – 12 Noon on Saturday
Place:Trinity Pines Conference Center (click to see the camp)
Cost: $170 (semi-private room) – The cost includes the Retreat, all meals, lodging, and recreation!
Theme: “Sex in the Real World”
This event is open to all men over the age of 18.
Event Schedule: Updated 3/27/2015
Camp Address:4341 FM 356 Trinity, TX 75862 (Click for Map)
Offerings: As we have traditionally done, we will be taking up an offering for Eric on Saturday morning if you would like to bless him financially!
– Featured Speaker –
We’ve invited Eric Sandras back to join us again as our retreat speaker. If you were with us 2 years ago, then you are familiar with Eric and his style of teaching and learning. He is a TON of fun, loves to laugh, and really loves Jesus!
Eric says, “After earning a Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Relations, spending over a decade as a Human Sexuality instructor at various universities and colleges, and leading churches for 15 years, I have seen and heard it all. I have met countless people who long for meaningful, significant and authentic relationships with others and with God; people who need a second or third chance to experience God’s grace. Just like I have.”
We live in a world that is saturated by sex… sexual images/imagery, sexual advertisement, pornography, etc… It is safe to say that our culture is a little “sex crazed”! But how often is what we are “sold” as sex represent reality? On Tv, in movies, and advertisements, the sex comes easy, it’s all about me, and those guy certainly don’t have to “work for it”!! But… It’s a facade, and as you know… a trap.
So, given our over-sexed culture and (on the other hand…) the call of Jesus to partner with Him in making all things new: What role does “sex” play in our lives?; How do we stop objectifying women?; How do we set realistic expectations of ourselves and our wives?; What about singleness and sex?; How do we overcome sexual addictions?; How can we receive Grace in our failures and move toward wholeness?
These can be hard waters to navigate my friends, but Jesus knows, and He can help.
Won’t you join us for a time of refreshing and learning as we allow God to speak truth into these areas of our lives? It is going to be life changing!
Printable Flyer – Click to Download
– Free time –
Trinity Pines has several opportunities for Friday’s designated free time (12pm-6pm).
1) Boating/Fishing – Trinity Pines has a boat ramp that we will have access too. If you (or a friend at your church…) have a boat or jet ski, you would have nearly immediate access to a ramp for Fishing and Boating. You can also fish from the bank if you don’t have access to a boat as the camp literally sits on the lake shore. The end of April and beginning of May are PRIME TIME for fishing on Lake Livingston!
2) Golf Course(indicate on registration) – Westwood Shores Golf Club is less than a mile north of Trinity Pines on FM 356. Green fees with a Cart are around $25. If you are interested in playing golf on Friday afternoon, please indicate it when you register. We will be informing the club so that they know to expect us.
3) Other – There are lots other things to do as well… Disk Golf, Putt Putt, Basketball Courts, Hiking, etc. Or, you can relax and read a book or take a nap. Choose to use your free time to engage and build relationships with other men, or to rest and decompress from the busyness of life. It’s up to you and what you need from this retreat.
Have more questions? – Contact Joe Heiliger at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
48 Hours – Austin, TX – May 15-17th
- Discover freedom while walking the Path
- Find fellowship with safe, broken men who long for something greater than themselves
- Experience honor, acceptance and freedom
- Discover the places in our lives where evil has taken ground and begin the battle to take it back.
- Are challenged in being honest with your….
- …click for more
$220 after this $75 Austin Special Discount – DISCOUNT CODE: AUSTIN75